Sunday, January 25, 2009

Farnborough Convention SHOCKER!

The first Pippa convention was at the Village hotel in East Manchester in 2003. Actually it wasn't really supposed to be a convo, originally it was just going to be a gathering at my flat. But soon it became apparent that I wouldn't have enough space and that some people would need somewhere to stay. It was obvious we needed a meeting room and hotel deal.

I pondered upon it for a few days and before I had chance to decide what to do the answer came to me in a vision in a Step class......

Well, it wasn't exactly like that! I was teaching in the leisure club at the Village hotel and 4 new participants arrived telling me they were hotel staff.

I found myself saying to them 'I don't suppose any of you work in C+B*?' one of them answered 'I'm in charge of C+B', 'oh' I said, 'I need to talk to you at the end of the class!'
(*= Conference and Banqueting)

So, we got a GREAT deal at the Village for our first Pippa convention. I love the Village, I teach for them at three of their hotels, the latest being one of their swankey Prem hotel only 3 mins drive from my home. I'd really like to stay in one of the Prem Villages, but it's on my doorstep.

Since then we have used a couple of smaller hotels in Edinburgh and Brighton and bigger chains in Coventry (Hilton) and Liverpool (Thistle).

I personally like it when when we can afford a nice chain, so our booking with the Holiday Inn in Farnborough this year seemed ideal, it's a great rate and very well connected.

HOWEVER, imagine my horror when I strolled into one of my Villages this week to see that their latest swankey hotel is opening in, yes, you've guessed it - FARNBOROUGH!

The leisure manager had to ask me what was wrong when she saw my reaction:
'Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!'

LOL, oh well, I know it will be great at the Holiday Inn, but if only I had know....

No comments: