Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Pippa Photoshoot

I wasn't entirely happy with the logo I made for the Pippa convention. The image of Pippa was taken a long time ago, it was soft, unevenly lit and wouldn't stand enlargement so I decided to re-photograph Pippa today.

I used my photo table and was able to get a good shot that will mean our logo can be used for print items, not just on the web The clean background meant that I was able to make a good selection in Photoshop, selecting is not my strong point.

I didn't add any artificial light other than the 6400k Daylight bulb that is fitted in my lounge, I used the self-timer and my tripod to avoid camera shake.

The photo table is nice but still not the perfect solution in my quest for the ultimate Pippa Studio: the shooting surface is not entirely flat and a more upright angle with the backdrop would mean that I could prop Pippa up with out using a doll stand.

The new banner is now on the website, I'm much happier with it.

Happy Snapping!






No comments: